Stavros Georgiades is a highly qualified sculptor who is fortunate to be multi disciplined in having the ability to create art works in any material, varying from stone, wood, bronze to plastics. He graduated in Fine Art from the Technikon Natal in 1990 and then spent two years traveling overseas. He spent the time visiting and teaching in different art institutions and mastering the art of marble carving in Tinos. He was the driving force behind the establishment of the NGO Durban Art Studio which assisted up and coming artists. He was the owner and creator of Metal Mania, Clay art Studios and Stavodi which designed and produced sculptures and decorative elements for the architectural, film and design industry in Southern Africa. Some mile stone are the Gateway, Pavilion and Rosebank Shopping mall .The Wild coast Sun ,Grand West, Piketburg and Sun City casino . During this time he was also creating sculptures for private collections in America, Japan Australia Germany ,Greece, France, Italy and China. In 1997 he became the Technical advisor and lecturer at the Technikon Natal Sculpture department. In 2000 he was selected to represent South Africa In China by creating A 5m Carving out of Granite His main forte is monumental sculptures and he has done a large number of public and private works in Angola, China, Greece, America and South Africa. He has the ability to create and design realistic or abstract works and has also created a range of gold miniatures representing African artifacts. Stavros Georgiades has also been approached to do portrait busts of prominent political and business men over the years. For the past 6 years Stavros has been working extensively with MTE studios. From the conceptualization and Art Directing of the Ibn Battuta mall to designing and creating exhibits for Dubai lanl ,Topkapi Palace, the Sultans of Science exhibits and the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology .
- 2004 to present · Sculptor /Art Director
- 1999 - 2003 · Director of Stavodi Sculpture and Design studio .Manufacture and design art works, sculptures, decorative elements in any material for corporate and private industry
- 1997- 2001· Technician, Technical advisor and Second year lecturer of the Technikon Natal Sculpture department.
- 1996 - 1997· August until January Production manager of "Swiss Stone Masons", Durban< Create stone decorative elements for architects, designers and funeral industry
- 1994 - 1995· Manager and owner of Clay Arte Studio- Mass production of decorative ceramic Elements for the gift and interior design industry
- 1992- 1995 · Manager and owner of Metal Mania – create wrought iron railings, furniture and Decorative elements
- 1992- 1994· Manager and Owner of DurbanArts and Designs
- 1992 · Worked at Lost City, Bophuthatswana
- 1990 - 1992· Assistant in marble carving studio Assistant in blacksmith workshop
- 2003 - 2010: Art directing and sculptor on projects for Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Turkey,America, Canada .England
- 2004: AngolaWar memorial
- 2003: 3 meter sculpture of "Adam expelled from Eden”
- 2003: 4 meter hands for Daimler Benz
- 2002: Kifangando project, Angola one 9 meter and one 6 meter bronze figures. Sixes 3 x 2.5 high relief bronze plaques
- 2002 – 4: Create props and sculptures for the film industry
- 2001: Gateway Shopping Centre, Durban: Five 6 meter sport sculptures for the Entertainment hall.
- 2000- 2: Commissioned to create monumental and architectural works for the new Casinos
- 2000: Commissioned to create all monumental architectural works for the new section of The Pavilion shopping center, Westville.
- 2000: Invitation by mayor of Changchun, China, to carve two 5 and 4 meter marble and Granite statues for the Changchun International sculpture gardens. First South African to be selected.
- 1999: Sub contracted for function décor for the Wild Coast Sun and Richards Bay
- 1997: Resin columns for Dara Salaam Constructed monumental Eagle for Coopers and Lybert.
- 1996: Traveled throughout Europe Visiting different stone carving studios, Carrara; Greece. Marble carving and teaching marble carving to tour groups in Tinos, Greece Creating fountain and monumental sculptures for Swiss Stone Masons
- 1995: Nu Metro project, Johannesburg Randburg Waterfront. Constructed the Foyer and Interior wall designs Monumental work in Marble and Granite for Greek Bishop Bulawayo.
- 1996: Owner and Designer of Sculpture works and metal creations. Designing and Manufacturing elements for buildings and furniture contracts e.g... Sandton Park Holiday flats, Jhb
- 1992: Metal and design works throughout South Africa.
- New signatures Exhibition, 1998 (JHB)
- Student Exhibition, 1987, 1988, 1989 (NATAL)
- One man exhibition, 1990 (NATAL)
- Volkskas Exhibition, 1988,1989,1991,1993 (SOUTHERN AFRICA)
- Greece, Tinos exhibition, 1991
- Lost City project, 1992, 3 (BOPUTHATSWANA)
- Bulawayoproject, 1994, 5 (BULLAWAYO)
- Randburg Waterfront, Nu Metro Cinemas, 1995 (JHB)
- JohannesburgSandton Parkdesigns, 1995, 6 (JHB)
- African Art Centercommunity project, 1998 (NATAL)
- Botanic garden Exhibition, 1998 (NATAL)
- Durban meets Stuttgart, 1998 (NATAL)
- Technikon Natal Staff exhibition, (NATAL)
- Jabulissa exhibition, 2000 (SOUTH AFRICA)
- Changchun International Sculpture exhibition, 2000 (CHINA)
- One man exhibition, NSA, 2001 (NATAL)
- Tales of magic, group 2002(Touring S.A.)
- Group exhibition, Grosvenor Gallery, 2002(CAPE TOWN)
- Group exhibition, Kouros Gallery, 2002 (GREECE)
- Symposium 2010 – Penza (Russia)
- Symposium 2011 - Mehmels (Germany)
- Emma Smith award for best sculptor, 1989, (NATAL)